Needle selection is based on personal preference, skin conditions, and design demands.
- Insert then twist to lock if applicable.
- Dispose into a Sharps container after use, do not reuse.
- Adjust the needle hang on your machine to allow the needle to protrude by 2mm-3mm.
- Allow the needle to "draw up" ink into the tip of the cartridge by running the machine and holding the tip in place.
- Always work off the tip(s) of the needle without forcing it into the skin.
- Maintain a taut stretch at all times to maximize ink deposit and minimize skin trauma.
- Wipe the tip of the needle frequently to remove buildup.
- During tattooing, clean the needle cartridge in sterile water to remove buildup and when changing colours, similar to when you are painting.
- Do not allow the needle to hit the bottom of the pigment cup to prevent damage to the tip of the needle.